Tot Spot was developed by a group of parents who were teachers and administrators at Landmark School. Due to their research, dedication and hard work, Tot Spot opened during the summer of 1983 to provide Landmark employees with on-site childcare. Tot Spot later expanded to include community children in the program. Landmark’s commitment to Tot Spot has continued for over 29 years!
Tot Spot is also utilized by Landmark School as a practicum experience for students involved in the Early Childhood Education class. These are high school students who are interested in Early Childhood Education as a career. This program began in 1994 and has been very successful. Several students have gone on to be early childhood educators or in the early childhood and care field.
Tot Spot Philosphy
- Tot Spot is a child-centered program. We recognize the various developmental stages experienced by children as they grow and teach each child according to his/her developmental level and needs. Children learn through play. Therefore, many of our activities are play oriented. Our program offers each child a range of play and learning experiences that foster self-reliance, self-expression, responsibility and cooperation.
- We strive to help each child develop by:
- Building self-confidence
- Fostering independence by providing a nurturing and supportive environment
- Encouraging exploration and discovery
- Teaching through positive approaches
- Presenting opportunities for making decisions and choices where natural consequences exist
- Providing group and individual play
- Encouraging creativity
- Providing opportunities for success and for feeling good about him/herself in all curriculum areas
- Encouraging social interaction with peers
- Providing resources for problem solving
Each child is different. We adapt our objectives to meet individual needs. Our universal goal is to create a warm, nurturing environment where children may feel secure and happy. This creates a positive learning experience.
To contact Tot Spot, call 978-236-3333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org